Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bringing the old Blog back..

Its been a while. The idea of blogging slowly faded as I became more and more involved in school clubs, sports, after school activities and overall, academics. I give my up-most respect to those who can maintain a blog so well, keeping active and constantly brainstorming new ideas. Good luck to all.

Well, I'm not here to preach about others, after all I did just get home from church. Anyways, so far this blog has (Hopefully) taught you a small definition of what the stock market is and the significance behind it. I have yet to elaborate more in-depth of the major issues that the market holds. I feel, in order to get the points across in the best possible way, it takes many many small, short steps.

"The journey of 1000 miles begins with one step."

Before I get too carried away and off topic, my goals to this blog in the future is dealing with not only lessons of the market, but also what's going on in today's society and major issues that i've heard about that I feel need to be thrown out into other's hands and brought to their attention.

That being said, my lesson for today consists of (as many of you know) this past week's election.

Many of you know that the Democrats won. (I speak of NO negative terms to the seperate parties). One thing to realize is the issue of taxation on large companies. In times of change, certain companies will benefit and others will fail. In this case, the issue brought to point is that the profits of large companies could possibly be in jeopardy. In other terms, the more a company profits, the more it may be taxed. This is a large issue when it comes to deciding what and what not to invest in.

A lot of people speak of large oil companies just flowing in money. Don't get me wrong, alot of the time that's true. BUT, with a change in our country, taxes and profits at hand, some feel American Oil companies and large Pharmaceutical companies are in danger.

The Daily Wealth newsletter author, Steve Sjuggerud spoke of this issue the other day. I felt it was very important and must be brought to people's attention.

To keep it brief, he speaks of (what he thinks) will be a winner in the market, and who will be a loser of the market.

Steve believes Biotechs, Alternate Energy and Canadian Oil will be the winners of the market.

As for losers go, Steve thinks of large pharmaceuticals, defense, and big oil companies.

(For more information, please see Dailywealth.com)




I think that the next few years will be an interesting time for the market. All of the changes soon to come only hold a question mark higher and higher above my head.

For the newcomers to the market, this just puts to perspective how changes, big and small, can relate and manipulate the market and its patterns.


Happy Investing Everyone!




1 comment:

Kristen said...

Hey Spencer,
Great insights and connection with the recent election to the market. Glad that your blog is back up! I just started up my own blog if you want to check it out.
Blog writing can be difficult in coming up with what to say. It helps to write out a list of what you want to include in your blog entries and keep adding to it as ideas come to your mind. If you want to talk more about it, feel free to email me. ttyl

- Kristen